Professional Services Technician (Willowbrook, IL)
Compensation: Based on Experience 401K and Health and Life Insurance.
Today’s Business Solution Inc.
Due to our growth, we are hiring IT Professionals to support our growth. The positions will be filled immediately.
The Entry-Level Technician’s role is to ensure the stable operation of TBS networked solutions installed in primarily Public Libraries and Higher Education markets as well as other similar industries. This role will also grow into being a higher-level technician as experience is built. Some functions would include installing and supporting software and hardware products such as; PC Management, Print Management, Cashless Payment Systems, and Hardware product lines. A daily and weekly work schedule is very dynamic. The position requires the ability to travel to local installations and periodic out-of State installation and service support.
Candidates must have a working background in computers and network systems or be currently enrolled in college courses in computer science. Experience with Public Libraries or Higher Education markets is a plus.
– Learns and follows standard hardware and software installation conventions, problem diagnosis, and problem resolution. Provide technical support over the phone using remote access software as well as on-site support.
– Provide on-call technical support. Must be able to troubleshoot problems over the phone with customers.
– Communicate with Manufacturers and QA on field issues and provide feedback on new products.
– Communicate with customers via phone and email
– Provide technical counsel and training to customers
– Determines parts, supplies, or tools needed to complete service requests.
– Relays any special problems to service management following each call.
– Uses, maintains and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment.
– Completes all required paperwork and reports (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, daily project reports, service call reports, and equipment-related items).
– Returns defective assemblies or parts to the main office and labels items.
– Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
– Must have a personal vehicle for use in traveling to customer sites as required.
– Must have a clean criminal record with no history of a felony conviction.
– Must pass random drug testing.
– Ability to lift and move equipment as needed for repair or installation.
– Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– Excellent customer service and communication skills
– Working knowledge of computers and network systems
– Proven technical aptitude
– Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
– Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
– Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
– Highly self-motivated and directed
– Keen attention to detail
– Degree in electronics or Computer Science a plus
– Data Management Experience a plus